14.01.2014 23:50 h

Football: Fulham ease past Norwich in FA Cup

Fulham overwhelmed fellow Premier League strugglers Norwich 3-0 at Craven Cottage to move into the fourth round of the FA Cup on Tuesday.

Former England striker Darren Bent scored Fulham's opener before setting up Ashkan Dejagah's decisive second goal as Norwich's winless run stretched to eight matches.

Steve Sidwell scored Fulham's third goal shortly before the hour to leave the Cottagers with a fourth round tie against third tier Sheffield United.

But it was the clean sheet that most delighted Fulham captain Brede Hangeland following last weekend's 4-1 league defeat by Sunderland.

"For sure it's the clean sheet," Hangeland told BT Sport. "We've conceded far too many goals and one of our main targets was to keep that clean sheet today so we've very pleased.

"We need to find the right balance between attack and defence. Lately we've been conceding too many goals so hopefully this is a step in the right direction."

Elsewhere non-league Kidderminster Harriers won through a to a fourth round tie with Premier League Sunderland after a 3-2 replay victory away to third third tier Peterborough United.

Tommy Rowe gave Peterborough an early lead but two goals in four minutes after half-time from Michael Gash and Jack Byrne turned the tide in Conference club Kidderminster's favour.

Britt Assombalonga's penalty levelled the scores with 16 minutes to go but two minutes later Joe Lolley scored Harriers' winner.

Kidderminster are the only non-league side left in this season's FA Cup after Macclesfield suffered a 4-1 defeat by Championship side Sheffield Wednesday, who made it 10 goals in two matches after their 6-0 thrashing of Yorkshire rivals Leeds United.

FA Cup holders Wigan needed extra-time to see off Milton Keynes Dons 3-1 in a third round replay at Stadium MK and avoid becoming only the second holders of the trophy to go out in the third round the following season.

Luke Chadwick put the Dons ahead in the 10th minute and it was a led they held until 11 minutes from time before Nick Powell, on loan from Manchester United equalised.

Extra-time saw Powell score again before Marc-Antoine Fortune sealed Wigan's victory.

Premier League high-flyers Manchester City, last season's losing finalists, face second-tier Blackburn Rovers in a third round replay on Wednesday.